Friday, December 3, 2010

Learning from the Strong

This morning Eliza and I made our usual trek to the YMCA.  I take a variety of classes there and its a lovely change up from my jogging days.  We got off to a later start today so I decided to go to a Step/Yoga class instead of Zumba and I found some inspiration there.  The class got under way as usual and then during class one of the girls left the room and came back in with a woman in a wheelchair.  She placed her on the back row and there she started doing the modified moves that we were doing with her arms.  It was amazing to see.  You could tell that she really enjoyed the Yoga poses and breathing exercises.  It made me want to try even harder and be more grateful for the body I have been given.  I felt drawn to her smile and couldn't help but watching with admiration.  As I left the class I couldn't stop thinking about it so I came home and did a little research on the subject where I found a story about a Paraplegic yoga teacher in the Gulf News.  Here is the link http://gulfnews.com/life-style/people/making-the-connection-1.598145. It's fascinating and I thought I would pass along the inspiration I found this morning at the gym and in the news.

Making the Connection
Gulfnews.com

No comments: