Friday, February 5, 2010

I'm "Wii"ly Cool


My siblings and I were pretty "normal" kids. Like any good teenagers we thought that our parents were out to ruin our social lives by using a series of tactics that only parents could employ. Top on the list would be "Embarrassing Your Children." My Dad was the best Dad ever because he had developed this one into a science.

Whenever Dad embarrassed us we would protested and let out an agonizing "DAAAADD!" To which he would reply with a Richard grin "I'm a cool Dad" or "Your friends think I'm cool." Usually, I would roll my eyes (a teenager tactic that I perfected during my pubescent and adolescent years), but with each passing year the rolling of my eyes has been replaced with laughter each time I hear that remark.

Now, those words are famous. In the Davis household when one mentions Dad and Cool in the same sentence we all laugh because it evokes years of memories.

This year however, we really wanted to give Dad the opportunity to make Cool Cool. We bought our Dad a Wii. Yes, we bought Richard Davis a Wii for his birthday. Although, when he opened his present and didn't quite know what a Wii was, we knew that we have our work cut out for us. That's okay, he's a COOL Dad and will learn how to play with his cool kids and grand kids.

Dad we love you and thanks for teaching me how to be cool. I'm sure my posterity will appreciate it!


Dad, Ambree and Kyla opening the Wii

Ryan & Jenny provided us with great party favors...

pirate eye patches with earrings


Billy Bob teeth


 and sticker earrings


We also celebrated Jenny's birthday early this year.  We are looking forward to having her perfect brownies!

No comments: