Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Update

New Years was wonderful also! I went up to Cochran and met Renee there and her friend Melissa who was visiting from Tennessee. The break was over all to fast and it was back to the grind. I came up to Athens the Saturday before school started on the 8th of January. It was a hectic couple of days. The apartment I was to move into below Bishop Johnson's house was being fixed (there was a leak in the bathroom). I did stow some of my stuff in the apartment that day, but then I went and spent the rest of the day with Renee, and spent the night in my old apartment with Martin and Joseph. The next day I scrambled to make the elders quorum run, President Peterson ended up giving the lesson, which was wonderful. Renee had to give the lesson in RS and I heard that she did a great job. If anyone doesn't know, Renee is a councillor in the the Relief Society Presidency and I'm the Elders Quorum President, so we keep pretty busy at church. So Monday I finally spent the night in my own apartment, but it was on the couch. I slept on the couch for a couple more days while they were still fixing the bedroom walls. I didn't really ever get a chance to move my things in either, that project was completed last Saturday, I took the whole day and did a major cleaning and re-arranging.

One really cool thing I wanted to write happened Monday night. Renee had informed the missionaries that she wanted to have a couple of investigators over for dinner. I was totally down for it, but it turned out that the best day for her was Monday. So we spent most of the day registering at Target, then we had to hurry and go to Walmart to pick up food for the dinner, that made us late. So we rushed home and made a really tasty dinner of fried rice, teriaki chicken, and egg rolls. The dinner was awesome, everything was good, everyone loved the food, Sean claims to have eaten 12 egg rolls himself. After the dinner was over we had family home evening together. The missionaries gave the lesson. It was a incredible night. Everyone bore testimony, and the Spirit in the room was very strong. Renee was awesome, she answered a lot of Sean and Josh's questions, and I saw for the first time that she has a unique ability to help others know and feel the Spirit. I'm one lucky guy! I mentioned to everyone that that was the first real meal in our home. I think it was the perfect inaugural meal!

No comments: